Thursday, March 15, 2012

Week Two

Did I lose weight? Nope. Gained 2.5 pounds.

What did I expect? Chinese food. Crispy chicken burritos. Hospice. Karaoke. Adrenal overload. Puh-leeze.

That's how my body works. It's a constant-constant-constant battle. Did I mention? It never stops.

But something interesting IS happening. Even though I have not been juicing ALL of my meals, I have for the past two weeks had only juice until the evening, and often all day, but not EVERY day. And things are shifting.

My mid-section is shrinking. That layer of fat around my liver-section is going away, and I don't see my tummy sticking out past my chest when I look down. My posteriority complex is shifting as well. While it is not shrinking that I can tell, it is smoothing. And my jeans do fit differently. The button is not biting my belly like it did last week.

I have a funny shape. It's been that way for about 10 years. I'm all distorted - I have bumps where there should be curves. When I was younger and overweight, things were at least nicely curved. That's the trend I'm seeing now. I'm starting - slowly - to curve where I have lately bumped and bulged.

The other interesting thing that I'm seeing is that my skin is smoother. As in less cellulite, ladies. Did you get that? Go back and read it again.

So I'm calling this experiment successful so far.

I have not been drinking water because I figured that the amount of juice I have been drinking contained enough fluid. I am re-thinking that. My Naturopath told me that I am releasing high quantities of toxins. She said I needed to flush them out of my system with water because if I didn't, they would just go find a new place to hide.

No.

This week I'm going to add 64 ounces of filtered water per day to the mix. Hopefully it will allow me to drop some weight. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment