Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 12

This past weekend, I made great plans. I had good intentions. And I not only fell off the wagon, I careened.

Friday night was good. Dinner out with Steve. Simply cooked meat and veggies, with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Modified weekend, just as planned.

Saturday morning was good too.

Even Saturday afternoon. I made a gallon of juice to take with me overnight to my Dad's, because Gramma is in hospice and it was time to go hold her hand. Now, I don't know about your emotions, but mine have their own personalities and feeding schedules. Tough decisions were made. Apparently that means Chinese food. And karaoke. But that's a different conversation entirely.

I was fine Sunday morning with my juice, too, waking up at my Dad's. But Sunday afternoon, leaving Gramma's, I found myself on my two hour drive home with crispy chicken burritos in my hand, and a half gallon of day-old juice sitting between the seats next to me, unopened. Now, I am not a fast food kind of girl. I know what's in that stuff. It has to get pretty desperate for me to eat something someone hands me through a window.


But I'm not giving up.

I put one tiny little Thai chili pepper in today's juice. I feel like I want to sleep for days after the last couple, just to process, but I have to work. So the spiciness is for waking me up, and it seems like it's helping.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your grandma. Sometimes SOMETHING's gotta give!
    I enjoyed reading this. Love that Orton wit :)

    ReplyDelete