Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day One


I'm starting a reboot. Today. Now. Again.

Sigh.

A Reboot is a juice fast. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" on Netflix. If you have Rebooted your own booty, please let me know how it went for you.

Here's the thing; I know how to do this, I have all of the equipment, I've started this before. Last time I made it 12 days before dinner downtown was too much of a temptation for me to walk away from. This time, though, I would like to finish it, so I can say I finished it - I did it - right. This time.

So even if nobody else reads this, I'm keeping a public journal about it. This time. So I can go back and look at it, and learn from the mistakes I'll inevitably make. And maybe make it easier for somebody else; probably myself. Next time.

I'm a single mom, and I own and run a small clinic. So my life isn't exactly bursting at the seams with free time. I know I'm supposed to make my juice right when I'm ready to drink it. But that's just not possible for me. So I bought two stainless steel wide-mouth klean kanteen bottles at REI, and I'm filling them each morning to take with me throughout my day. I very often have to run from school to the office to school to soccer practice to meetings, so my darling juicer (it's only day one, we are still friends) and I may not see each-other for 10 hours at a time.

I really want to put it all out there. Even the embarrassing stuff. Because we all have embarrassing stuff that we don't want talk about, and then it turns into this Lifetime Special where the moral of the story is "Why didn't you just put it out there in the first place, Dummy? We wouldn't have had to make or watch this insufferable movie at all if you had!" And yet, I'm hesitating putting into print what the scale said this morning. Or what my goals are.

All in good time.

But for day one, here is my favorite juice fasting base recipe:
3 apples
6 carrots
1/2 beet
1 lime (cut off most of the peels but leave as much of the white stuff as you can)
1 thumb ginger

I made that this morning, and I added spinach and a small wedge of purple cabbage. That's why it's purple. It's green under there, I promise.

Drink that.

3 comments:

  1. GO ARIANA! I'm on day 4. So far so good. As we speak, i'm drinking beets, sweet potato, carrot, apple, and red bell pepper. It's pretty good.

    I am trying to get off of prednisone that I've been on for over 4 years now. I'm getting close, with my improved nutritional habits, but after watching the documentary, I HAD to give this a go.

    Hang in there!!

    I'll just be 3 days ahead of you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I want to watch this movie...but I also am not sure I could drink that....does it smell? I have this huge thing with smells....but good for you!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It smells pretty good, Michelle. If you go down to People's Co-Op on SE 21st just north of Powell, there's a little metal twinkie trailer that has a juice stand in it sitting out front. Order the Post Standard. It's one of the easiest ones to start with because it smells mostly like apples and carrots, and I love the flavor. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete